Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"My Maine" Children's Book

I'm not very good about keeping this bliggity blog up to date, but I'm going to try harder, I swear.

Some exciting news to share is that I recently signed on to illustrate my first children's book! I'm absolutely thrilled, it's something that I've been wanting to do for quite a while, and couldn't be happier with the project that will hopefully help me break into the biz.

The book is "My Maine", written by a local author named Suzanne Buzby-Hersey. This is also her first book, so we are both excited about the process and anxious to see how it will all come together. She will be self publishing this book, due for a late summer/early fall 2010 publication. It's been a wonderful process so far! Here's a sneak peek:



 This is the main character for the book, more to come soon.



















I also designed the logo for the author's self publishing company, Little Beach Books. Below is the logo that was chosen. Very happy with it!:


1 comment:

Therese said...

You have done a great job enhancing Suzanne's wonderful story with amazing artwork. The family is so proud of the book and is anxiously awaiting its delivery! happy holidays.