Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Volunteer Project on the Local News

Tonight we FINISHED the mural! We've been working everyday on this to get it completed in time for the open house this Thursday evening. Tomorrow is clean up day, but the last bit of white was painted and brought to life tonight, and it feels great to be done! We've been getting some publicity for the work we're doing and for the Community Counseling Center lately, too. Yesterday, the Portland Press Harold stopped by to shoot photos for an upcoming article, and today WCSH6 reported on the project on the 11:00 news. I wasn't expecting to be interviewed (and was a little nervous for my TV debut!), but we were happy to share the story. Photos of the finished room coming soon.

Here's the clip!


We also were mentioned in an online article on the WCSH site: Read here

It's been a blast...but my back and I are ready to go back to my nice desk, chair and flat paper  :)

No comments: