Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Book Sightings

I get so excited when I see my books in store windows! It just blows my mind that they are out there in the world, and it's so cool. Lately I've had some sightings at Maine's Pantry in the Old Port, The Maine Historical Society gift shop, and recently Longfellow Books in Portland. A week before I took this picture, Down East in the Ocean was in a sea of Maine children's books, from new to classics that I read as a kid. I was so excited to see my name in a window next to Dahlov Ipcar, Blueberries for Sal  and Barbara Cooney's Miss Rumphius.  I came back with my camera a few days later and my book still made the cut...but I didn't realize until I got home and uploaded the photo who it's new neighbors were! Odd selection to have Larry Flint and Chelsea Handler's not-so-children's-books directly above, isn't it? Funny stuff. Enjoyed my time in the window just the same!

Down East in the Ocean in Longfellow Books front window in July




Here's My Maine in a book shop in Portland's Old Port taken by a friend visiting Maine in July

I don't think this'll ever get old :)

No comments: