Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fabulous Friends Friday-Christina!

Oops! I'm a day late. I'm sure I'm not the only one who November snuck up upon!


This month I'd like to introduce you to my fabulous friend, Christina Rodriguez



We were roommates at the University of Hartford, and studio-mates in the illustration studio. We were always among the last to leave in the wee hours of the morning senior year, working hard and motivating each other to stay and paint paint paint! She's one of the hardest working people I know, and she has a really unique style that's always full of life, texture, and vibrant colors. She works with oil paints, primarily, and has a clear love of painting animals. This woman will literally want to paint each strand of hair on a ferret, and every feather on an owl. She's got patience, that's for sure, and it shows!


All her distinctive techniques can be seen in her brand new children's book, ¡A Bailar! (Let's Dance!)
I'm so excited for her new book, and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of my own! Not long ago, she was faced with a terrible hardship, when her apartment (in New Jersey) caught fire and burnt down. Thank god she and everyone in the building were okay, though she lost just about everything, including almost all of her artwork, which as an artist, we all have certain attachments to after spending countless hours on our work. But in classic Christina style, she didn't let it destroy her. She got right back up, and got right back to work. She's a strong and wonderful lady, and I'm so proud of her! 


Visit her website here to see more of her work: http://www.crodillustration.com

And be sure to "Like" my Facebook page for the full list of posts. 

No comments: