Thursday, December 22, 2011

Great time had at Andy's Pub


I feel so lucky to have been invited to join the Andy's holiday sale in their 4th year! It was such a great event, with so many talented and varied vendors there selling their wares. The back portion of the pub was transformed into a holiday shopping venue for the evening. It was so festive, full of people shopping, drinking, eating, chatting, the whole evening (3:30ish-8:30ish). The weather was quite chilly, but not cold enough to stop folks from coming in for some last minute shopping!

I had a sweet location, a nice big table right at the entrance to the "show room". Sold and signed lots of books (sold out of My Maine, wow!) and some prints, too. 

My table :) I even had ANDIES Mints in honor of Andy's...I know...I couldn't resist.
I met lots of wonderful, creative people at this show. A few whose work I had seen at other events and was happy to finally put a face to the name/product, and many others with new, unique things I had never seen. I didn't get a photo (because there was always a crowd around his table!) but these repurposed vintage and antique door knobs, assembled onto corks to make wine stoppers, were so fabulous, a great gift idea, and super clever! And they're called "Dorks" (get it?) and are made by A Pane in Maine


Another hot seller were lobsterman/artist Eric Pray's "E Tails",  real lobster tails hand painted to perfection. 

Proud to be the owner of this spotted little guy right here ^, and Eric got one of my crab prints; Little lobster buddy is hanging on my tree right now!
Awesome, right?!

And so much more! 
Handmade candles that smelled amazing and fresh by Erin Donovan of Watermark Designs.

and more from Watermark.  I really loved her packaging and displays, don't you?

Reversible headbands, adorable clutches, plus tee shirts and scarves by Beth Webber, who assembled this whole shindig (thanks, Beth, job well done!)

Handmade soaps, chapstick, jewelry and more


I love love loved these hand sewn skirts, I wish I had grabbed her card so I could tell you her name! Sweetest woman, and so talented. These are all hand stitched and uuber soft materials. I especially loved this gray/yellow combo.

I think she called these "Rag-a-mittens" and I was in love with them. Beyond soft and comfy! By Jeanie McAleney

Local artist Andrew Cook's  "Island Lobster" and "Christmas Lobster".   So many lobster options! 



Thanks so everyone who came out. It was a fun time and a very successful sale, can't wait to do it again next year :)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!


No comments: