Sunday, April 15, 2012

Peter & Connie Roop

I stumbled upon this article today, a quick little interview with Connie Roop, who wrote Down East in the Ocean with her husband, Peter, which I illustrated last year. I haven't had a chance to meet them yet, other than a few friendly emails. They live in Wisconsin most of the time, and travel to Maine each year. I hope to have an opportunity to join them for a book signing sometime this summer if they are back in my neck of the woods! They are accomplished authors of hundreds of books. One of their most cherished, and one of my personal favorites as a child, Keep the Lights Burning, Abbie, was even featured on Reading Rainbow many years back, and is still in publication. I was honored to be the illustrator for Down East in the Ocean and lend a small hand in their extensive collection.


Click here to read the full interview. I learned some interesting things about these folks!

No comments: