Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Generosity

A few posts back, I had talked about working on the mural for the children's trauma room at the Community Counseling Center. It's a sprawling place with lots of blank walls, which they were going to decorate on a budget.  I contacting a bunch of artist and illustrator friends, and they blew my mind with their generous donations! We gathered: 18 children's books, 3 poster sized prints, 2 large beautiful, matted photographs, and 30 prints and original pieces (some fully framed, others matted, all signed)!! I know the folks at the Community Counseling Center, patients and the wonderful people who work there, will enjoy this art so much and I'm so grateful for my wonderful friends and colleagues for helping out!

For full list of artists who are shown here, visit my Facebook page!

No comments: